We run a range of courses at PhysioCentral and The Pilates Practice. We also have space available if you would like to run a course in our venue. Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
When we have courses running you’ll find them listed here.
John Contreras – Strength Training AND Pilates Essentials For Physiotherapists
September 9 - September 10$5,100.00 – $10,600.00
Calling all physiotherapists and health professionals seeking to enhance their injury rehabilitation and exercise therapy expertise! Join us for the comprehensive, 2 in 1, weekend workshop, “Strength Training & Pilates Essentials for Physiotherapists,” led by APA Sports & Exercise Physiotherapist, John Contreras.
This two-day intensive workshop combines the long running and recently updated workshops, “Strength Training Essentials for Physiotherapists” and “Pilates Essentials for Physiotherapists: Athletic Performance” into a dynamic weekend learning experience. With over 30 hours of online and in person content, this workshop is designed to elevate your knowledge and skills in exercise therapy for injury management and athletic development. Kick off your learning with a series of online modules before coming together for an in person practical weekend workshop.
This workshop is ideal for physiotherapists and health professionals seeking to expand their understanding of strength training for injury management and Pilates for the progression of athletic performance. Whether you work with patients recovering from injuries, athletes, or individuals striving for optimal performance, this workshop will equip you with invaluable clinical tools and insights.
Don’t miss this exclusive opportunity to learn from Australian Sports & Exercise Physiotherapist, John Contreras. Secure your spot today and unlock the potential to make a lasting impact on your patients’ well-being and performance.
For more information, email email@example.com
Take a closer look at the course detail below…
About the Course Tutor
John is an APA Sports & Exercise Physiotherapists who graduated from The University of Melbourne in 2001. He completed a Master of Exercise Science (Strength & Conditioning) in 2011 from Edith Cowan University and a Master of Sports Physiotherapy from Latrobe University in 2016.
John has an interest in managing a range of sporting injuries including hip, knee and ankle presentations as well as designing injury prevention, injury rehabilitation and sports performance gym programs for both young and adult athletic patients. He also has over 12 years of experience teaching Physiotherapy based Pilates, Strength Training and exercise rehabilitation courses to health professionals across Australia, the UK, Europe, Brazil and the USA. John is also a former Master Trainer and course developer with the Australian Physiotherapy & Pilates Institute (APPI).
Using his experience combining Physiotherapy, Strength & Conditioning and Pilates training principles, and with a desire to deliver exercise education with a strong evidence base, John launched Resistance Training Rehabilitation in 2012.
John consults from Physiosports Brighton, where he is the lead for the delivery of Pilates rehabilitation, Strength Training and Youth Athletic Development services. He has previously worked with Football Federation Victoria (FFV) state squads, Brentford Football Club (UK), the Victorian Bushrangers Cricket Team, Collegians FC (VAFA Premier) and various triathlon teams.
For more information www.resistancetrainingrehab.com
Key Highlights of the Workshop:
1. Strength Training Essentials for Physiotherapists:
- Uncover the science and principles behind effective strength training in injury rehabilitation.
- Learn to design personalized strength training programs for various injuries and movement dysfunctions.
- Explore progressive overload, periodization, and other key concepts to optimize patient recovery.
- Gain hands-on experience with a range of exercises and techniques to expedite healing and restore strength.
2. Pilates Essentials for Physiotherapists: Athletic Performance:
- Dive into the foundations of Pilates and its integration in athletic performance.
- Discover how to leverage Pilates exercises and techniques to enhance functional movement and prevent injuries.
- Adapt Pilates for athletes, designing personalized programs to improve agility, endurance, and power.
- Explore the use of equipment and props to diversify Pilates routines and challenge athletes at different stages of development.
3. Online and In-Person, Practical Content:
- Benefit from the flexibility of accessing over 30 hours of content, combining online modules and immersive in-person practical sessions.
- Engage in interactive discussions, case studies, and real-world applications to solidify your learning.
- Network and collaborate with fellow professionals, fostering a supportive community of like-minded individuals.
Day 1 – Strength Training Essentials For Physiotherapists: Injury Rehabilitation
09:10 Review of Online Modules
09:40 Assessing Your Strength Training Patient
10:10 Movement Skill
10:40 Morning Tea
11:00 Lower Body Training
13.45 Upper Body Training
15:15 Torso Training
15:45 Afternoon Tea
16:00 Explosive & Reactive Training
16:30 Case Study: Strength Training Program Design
17:30 Wrap Up + Finish
Day 2 – Pilates Essentials For Physiotherapists: Athletic Performance
09:00 Pilates Training For Injury Rehab: Athletic Performance Online Module Review
09:30 Strength Training Sports Pilates
10:30 Morning Tea
10:45 Running & Kicking Sports Pilates
11:45 Change of Direction Sports Pilates
13:30 Throwing & Overhead Sports Pilates
14:30 Sports Recovery & Mobility Pilates
15:30 Afternoon Tea
15:45 Case Study: Pilates Training For Athletic Performance
16:45 Q&A / Wrap Up / Feedback
Investment and Payment Details
The investment includes:
- >10hrs of online modules released 1 month prior to workshop date
- 2 day practical in-person workshop
- 2 x 2hr self practice workshops
- 2 x 2 hour live, online Q&A (after in-person workshop)
- Access to online content (modules and exercise library) for 3 months
- Certificate of attendance issued by John Contreras and PhysioCentral after Q&A session
Early bird rate:
- $ 5100HKD
- $ 4900HKD (Group booking of 2+ participants‡)
- $ 5500HKD
- $ 5300HKD (Group booking of 2+ participants‡)
One day course rate:
We are offering the ability to attend only one day, but preference will be given to those attending both days. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest. You will be notified 3 weeks prior to the course on your application.
- $ 3500
‡A single transaction payment for all participants is required. Registration details of the other participants should be emailed to email@example.com
- Early Bird: 30 June 2023
- Standard Rate: 25 August 2023
Payment can be made via PayPal or Bank Transfer after the acceptance of the terms and conditions and completion of the registration details.